- MUST be able to schedule entire project start to finish (MS Project)
- Ability to track subcontractors’ progress on the job, maintain the project schedule and coordinate with various agencies for reporting and compliance with project documents and specification
- Ability to manage field crew including project engineers, foremen and assistant superintendent
- Responsible for quality control
- Manage project safety
- Provide on-site coordination of manpower, materials, equipment and site logistics
- Effectively manage job site challenges such as weather conditions or emergencies
- Monitor cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting and productivity
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Highly experienced in retail/commercial and supermarket construction
- 5+ years of building construction experience
- Min 2 year degree preferred
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs and Primavera construction management software.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Microsoft Excel – the ability to interface with multiple Excel documents simultaneously. All of our customer’s bid proposal forms are linked to Savant’s master bid form for each project in some way. This is the most important program the estimating department uses and eliminates a large majority of math errors.
- Microsoft Word – Compiling transmittals, scope of work documents, bid proposals, etc.
- Adobe PDF – Utilize Adobe PDF to modify/create bid proposals, compile phasing plans, plan mark-ups, etc.
- Bidmail – Used to put all Savant projects out to bid, upload plans & addenda, maintain an up-to-date subcontractor database, and track sub-contractor bid participation.
- Planswift Take-off Software – Used in confirming subcontractor quantity take-offs, budgeting & phasing plans. This is a critical tool for site-heavy projects and can be used quantifying lineal/square footages, cubic yardage of asphalt/concrete, underground utilities, trenching plans, etc.
Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
Day-to-Day Job Requirements
- Downloading & processing of bid documents & any future addendums.
- Attend costumer-initiated pre-bid job walks & host sub-contractor pre-bid walks (if required).
- Issuing transmittals, scope of work documents, and project specific information for all projects.
- Create bid forms for all projects and complete bid submittals.
- Qualify subcontractor bid proposals.
- Confirm subcontractor participation in the bid process and coordinate & communicate with subcontractors their trade-specific scope of work.
- After being awarded a project, complete the Schedule of Values and present to project manager for approval.
- Critical when handling multiple bids, job walks, etc.
- Comprehend drawings, identify potential problems, compile requests for information, understand both the GC and subcontractor scope of work.
- Periodic updating of company subcontractor base and prequalifying new contractors.
- Locating experienced subcontractors in various markets and developing subcontractor bases for bid purposes.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
- 5 years previous experience in estimating commercial retail, site and off site construction.
- Above average math and computation skills.
- 7:00 am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday.